Implementing workflow processes within the boundaries of the legal framework is the most efficient way to organize good practices during a remote consultation between a patient located in a medical facility (such as ALFs - Assisted Living Facilities ) and a hospital or private practice.
Patient identification and integration with HIS administrative records
If the facility runs an HIS that allows generating an ADT HL7 file that contains the demographic data, this data can be injected directly into the ECS Telemedicine platform.
Steps of a Telemedicine session (workflow)
- Patient identification
- Authorization management
- Creation of a request with clinical data
- Request approval
- Consultation (or remote consultation), and optionally, pulling patient records from the HIS
- Data interpretation and report creation
- Report is transferred to the patient record and the EHR
- Notification of prescriber by e-mail and text message (SMS)